The farm consists of 24 acres of pasture, gardens and a 6 acre wood, with a tributary of the Brede River running through it. Particularly interesting is the evidence of iron workings in the wood, including the pits from which the iron ore was excavated and the remains of a watermill. Iron ore production was a major industry in this part of Sussex. Do have a look at some of the photos to get a sense of this amazing place and its history.
The paddock, where the bell tents are situated, is one of our favourite spots on the farm. Whilst being close to brilliant local amenities, it's very private and secluded, enjoying incredible views across the Netherfield valley (you’ll be hard pushed to see another property!). While staying with us you can soak up the views watching the sun set whilst enjoying the deer run with their fawns or enjoy breakfast accompanied by soaring buzzards hunting prey for their young. You might even see a wild boar or a heron in flight!
At Lower Gate Glamping we want you to unwind from the stresses and challenges of daily life and enjoy the unspoilt beauty and wonder of this hidden valley!
We do have free WiFi access available for you to use. Details will be provided when we contact you prior to your visit.
Remember that you will be staying in a rural location so WiFi access and speeds will not be the same as you would expect at home!
Perhaps even enjoy a few days off your devices?!
Want to spoil yourselves for breakfast?
We can provide a Breakfast hamper full of locally produced delights for you to enjoy. You will need to order this when you book so it’s all ready for you when you arrive.
Outside of your tent you will find:
• A decking area with table and chairs to relax at or sit and eat your freshly cooked BBQ meal.
• A fire pit with a basket of complimentary logs (more can be purchased on site).
• A free to use gas BBQ with a hob.
Each tent has a rubbish bin and a recycling bin.
• We’d love for you to recycle as much as possible so that we can help reduce landfill and harm to the environment.
• Check out the instructions on what can and can’t be recycled.
• When the bins are full please take the tied bag to the rubbish and recycling point and place the bags in the respective bins.
• Please don’t leave rubbish around the site, particularly as it’s harmful to the wildlife.
• Each tent has its own washroom facilities. Each of the washrooms has the same name as your tent … so you know which is yours!
• A shower with hot and cold running water and instructions on how to use it.
• A sink with hot and cold running water.
• Please bring your own towels.
• A compost toilet! Don’t worry it doesn’t smell and there are full instructions on how to use it!
• We’d ask parents to explain how to use it to their children!
• Baby changing facilities.
• The lighting in the washrooms is via a solar panel to reduce the impact on the environment.
Washing Up Facilities!
(Yes it sometimes has to be done even when glamping!)
• There’s a washing up station in between the two washrooms. Hot water, sponges, tea towels, and washing up liquid provided. We’d love for you to leave these facilities how you’d like to find them.
• A king size bed with luxury bedding, throws and cushions.
• Two single pull out futons for two children or adults with bedding (if booked).
• A stack of blankets for when you need to stay warm!
• Bed side tables and end of bed storage trunk.
• A power & charging pack powered by a solar panel.
• A frontier stove to enable you to warm the tent or cook a hearty stew! - again check out the instructions on how to use it.
• All the cooking utensils, pans and crockery we think you’ll need!
• A fridge and freezer for your holiday treats or wine.
• A cooler in which to keep your fresh food … well fresh!
• Complimentary coffee for the cafetière, teabags and something tasty to nibble when you arrive.
• Travel cot and highchair are available on request.